Well its not Monday as the song says but it is a dreary one out there!!Yesterday afternoon we picked up the most sap ever in one haul -
97 gallons - and the sugar content is still good -
we filled all our spare buckets had to go home
empty them and go back to empty the rest!
so a boilng I will be!
Thats 988 gallons of sap so far this season - a record for us!
We have had lots of company in the shack-almost every night -
I am not sure what draws them...
the sweet smell of sap boiling...
the good company...
or
the abundance of great meals...
WestSide Tool - has a steady flow of work
(for which we are thankful)
so Bruce keeps busy in the shop
and I keep busy in the shack!
Thanks to PDM for all the
hardwood lumber scraps!!
No comments:
Post a Comment